How Terpenes Work in Hemp Extract
Terpenes are found all around us in many different plants, fruits and herbs.The identifiable scent that comes with basil, lavender, and pine are all from these aromatic oils that give plants their smell. Terpenes can be used for a variety of purposes including improving mental health and calming the body after exercise. Terpenes have been shown to improve memory retention when inhaled or consumed through an oil or herbal supplement. They’re used to contribute to the flavor and aroma of certain essential oils. Some terpenes even help protect against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s or dementia by reducing inflammation in the brain. These small molecules are natural components found in hemp plants and are a large part of why hemp extract is so effective for a variety of ailments!
What are Terpenes in Hemp Extract?
The cannabis plant produces over 200 different terpenes, the aromatic molecules that give each strain its own unique smell and flavor profile. What do hemp terpenes do? Terpenes have a profound impact on your physical experience with hemp extract, as they work to both amplify and modulate your moods and physical ailments.
The benefit of terpenes is that they work synergistically with other compounds within hemp extract to provide relief for a variety of conditions including anxiety, stress, pain relief, and inflammation. When certain hemp products are labeled full spectrum hemp extract or broad spectrum hemp extract, it is referring to this interaction of compounds. Simply put, the purpose of terpenes in hemp extract is to aid in boosting the effects of CBD through what’s commonly called the entourage effect.
Types of Terpenes in Hemp Extract
There are a variety of terpenes found naturally in the hemp plant which amplify the positive health benefits of hemp extract.
- Myrcene is found in fruits such as mangos and is also the primary terpene in hemp plants (less than 0.5% identifies the plant as sativa). It serves to aid in relaxation and a sense of calm.
- Limonene is found in citrus fruits and provides the citrus aroma. It is the second most prevalent terpene in hemp extract and contains antifungal and antibacterial elements.
- Pinene is found in pine trees, giving that wonderful pine smell. It has been used for centuries as an herbal remedy and to support focus, memory, and energy.
- Linalool is found in lavender and is a well-known stress-reducer and mood-lifter, promoting calm and relaxation.
- Caryophyllene provides the spice smell for cinnamon, cloves, and pepper. It is known to enhance mood and relieve aches and pains.
- Eucalyptol is a terpene that provides minty smells and is used to ease stiffness and discomfort.
- Humulene is found in basil, cloves and hops. It is known to cause a decrease in appetite.
Best Full Spectrum Hemp Extract for Sale Online
When you’re searching for high quality full spectrum hemp extract, complete with all the beneficial terpenes your body needs, Honeysuckle Scientific should be your first stop. Our methods for growing, extracting, and producing hemp extract products are unrivaled. We’re committed to bringing you the very best so that you can reap all the benefits hemp extract has to offer. Browse Honeysuckle Scientific’s broad spectrum hemp extract online today and move one step closer to health!